Philips Lifeline is a 24-hour emergency response system that allows clients to call for assistance at the touch of a button.
It is used by more than 3,500 subscribers in Alberta. Some of these subscribers include:
- Seniors who need home support
- Persons with disabilities
- Those with medical or safety concerns
- Seniors who live in apartment buildings, lodges or supportive living
- Victims of domestic conflict
- Patients who have been recently discharged or are awaiting admission to hospital
- Women whose pregnancies require special care
How Philips Lifeline Works
The user carries a help button as a wristband or necklace. When the personal help button is pressed, a trained Lifeline staff member responds over a speaker phone in your home. Lifeline will assess the situation and send help as needed. Bethany Lifeline operates 24-hours per day, 365 days per year.
For an online demonstration, visit Philips Lifeline
Contact Philips Lifeline:
In Alberta: 1.800.338.1411